CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

In honor of memorial day I thought I'd post a couple pictures I have of some great men that I have been blessed enough to have in my life and have passed away. There are many I wish I had pictures of but unfortunately I don't. Uncle Gary who treated me like his own granddaughter and I loved so much, Ty who passed away when we were kids but I know I missed some great times with him, Uncle Neal whom I never got to meet but I know was a great person from all the stories I've been told, and Jeremy's little brother Tyler who died when he was less than a month old, we would have loved to have known him.



There's Ed who I have only known for the short time I've been in Roosevelt but has made an impact on my life that would take most people a whole lifetime to make. He was always there for you no matter what you needed or what he had to drop to come help you. He was always willing to help whether it was his words of advice or washing the dishes while Elisha and I made chicken noodle soup when I had pneumonia. It never failed that he could always make you laugh or smile when you was down, he had a personality that radiated. I'll never forget going to the gym, the Vegas trip, or the times we spent with all of us just hanging out. I miss you and will always feel grateful that I met you.


Grandpa Jay reading to Wes
and I.
Then there's Grandpa Jay who taught us all so much and taught us to work hard. The summers we spent working with Grandpa Jay were great and I wouldn't have spent my summers any other way. He was always such a tease and even though I'd get mad I secretly loved all of the teasing and I can't forget him and grandma Bethel spoiling me!!! I miss and love you Grandpa.

Jeremy's wedding and Me, Dad, and Wes

I never thought the day would come that I'd have to live without my dad. But the longer that time passes the more I know he's still with me everyday helping me like always. He was a great example and very intelligent. It never failed that he made sure we had good horses to ride and practiced hard. He taught my brothers and I how to compete and be competitive and to do it gracefully. He was my best friend and most of all a great father who was always there with mom to support us in anything we'd do. I'm grateful for the time I had with you and can't thank you enough for all you did for me and taught me. We couldn't have had a better dad. I love and miss you more than anything.
I've truely been blessed to have some very special people in my life and I've spent this memorial day appreciating every one of them.









8 comments:

Pace Family said...

Oh Krista...How I love you and your family. Every time I'm at the cemetary vitsiting my sister I always pop over and say hi to your dad. I have some really good memories of when we were younger. Love you lots and think of you always. TYRA

ER said...

I think that was awesome that you put these photos up and let us know a little more about the important people in your life. what amazing people.

The Crazy Wolf Pack said...

Krista that was a wonderful post!! I shed a few tears over it! I miss Grandpa's teasing too. I also miss your dad. He was a wonderful man!

Anonymous said...

Hi sis,
Your tributes to those gone on before us was so good to read.
It is good to record your feelings.
I shed a tear or two, as you knew I would. I miss them too. Thanks for your insight and your friendship. Love Mom

Kelsi and Dusty Simpson said...

Kris, thank you so much for that tribute to some really awesome people. It made me feel good to hear you express your feelings like that for those people you loved because I don't think I have heard you do that before. I know that they are all still with us. You for sure have the teasing part from Grandpa Jay and your dad!! Love ya!!!

Josh and Kayci said...

What happened to ed? I dont know him but he looks and sounds like a great guy?

Jody said...

I don't have words adequate to express my sorrow and my appreciation for our relatives that have passed away.

Krista you have accomplished so much and work so very hard, and you have had to do it with much harder circumstances than most of those around you. You are a wonderful person and we are so proud of you. Thank you for helping me remember how lucky we are to have a wonderful family and to have peace in knowing we can be with them again.

ER said...

Come on I keep waiting for an up date!!! How are you girl? How's the prego thing going? I have a new number btw (919)610-6575. I miss ya! And I'm missing Ed like crazy aren't you?!