CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Braxton
















I'm finaly getting around to updating the blog. Things have been crazy the last 5 weeks and my spare time has seemed to disappear. Our baby boy finaly arrived on February 2!! I was admitted to the hospital on Feb. 1 to be induced. After 33 hours of labor and not dilating past a 3 for over 24 hours I decided it was time to get the baby here and had a C-section. Braxton J Mitchell was born Feb. 2 at 5:47 pm. He weighed 7lbs 6oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. We were so excited to finaly meet him, he definately made up for the long labor!! We were both released from the hospital 3 days later and finaly got to go home and start our new adventure. Unfortunately we only got to stay home for a few days before we were back at the hospital. My incision from the C-section got infected and I had to go back in to surgery wed. night and have it reopened and cleaned. That landed me a hospital stay for 4 more days and 6 long weeks of recovery. I was lucky enough to be able to keep Braxton at the hospital with me through my stay. I was so happy to be released from the hospital. I think we all(me, Jeremy, Braxton, my mom, and Jeremy's mom) were more than ready to be at home and not see a hospital room for a very long time!!
I have been fortunate enough to have a ton of help which has made my recovery as good as possible. My mom and Jeremy's mom were both able to come and stay with us and offer some much appreciated help. I was a little nervous when it came time for Braxton and I to try things out on our own. It went a lot smoother than expected!! I was starting to get cabin fever by the third week of being home so thanks to my sister in law, Trisha, I was able to get out of the house for a few hours a couple different days and go spend some time with their family.
Even though things got off to a rough start for us we are so excited to have Braxton here and to be starting this new chapter of our life. He is such a good baby, I couldn't ask for more!!

2 comments:

[Stacia] said...

So glad you're feeling better! I can't believe what a perfect little face Braxton has! Not all babies are cute at first, he definitely is! Can't wait to meet him!

Andy, Lacy, Jarett & Kanin Schumann said...

oh lou, i didn't know you had to go through that, but like you said, it is definately worth what you got! Braxton is such a cutie! can't wait to meet and squeeze him in person. I am glad to hear that you are finally feeling better.